Job Title: Compliance Officer
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
In this Job, you will assist the Compliance Manager in providing support to the business and the Risk and Compliance function in order to achieve its objectives, including:
· To assist in developing a strategic approach to risk and compliance
· To ensure that the function is effective in delivering appropriate advice, guidance and challenge to the business in ensuring risks and regulatory requirements are met.
· To be a trusted advisor to the business to help achieve good customer outcomes and positive regulatory relations.
· Working with the business to ensure that all regulatory, operational and conduct risks that impact the segment have been identified, assessed and have appropriate controls that are appropriately monitored.
· To provide effective and efficient risk and compliance support whilst facilitating a good working knowledge of regulatory risk requirements within the business, through clear communication and training.
· To ensure that there is on-going assurance of and adherence to relevant Group Policies and Business Standards.
· Support the Compliance Manager to deliver the functions key objectives.
· Provide the business support to understand and adopt regulatory change requirements, provide advice, guidance and challenge in the application of regulatory requirements.
· Oversee and control recording and monitoring of:
§ Conflicts of Interest
§ TCF and Conduct Risk
§ Gifts and Hospitality
§ Financial Promotions
§ Horizon Scanning
§ Errors & Omissions
§ Risk Events and Breaches
· Support the business in the review of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Service Level Agreements or other legal agreements.
· Support the Financial Crime lead on Sanctions referrals and ad hoc Sanctions queries.
· Take a lead role in supporting the business in reviewing and recording of Terms of Business Agreements.
· Manage and prepare regulatory submissions.
· Assist the Overseas Office lead to manage, prepare and monitor overseas licensing application and submissions.
· Support the segment Compliance Manager to ensure the firm has appropriate second line oversight of business practices/processes that are intended to ensure our operations are compliant at all levels.
· Support the function in liaising with Group Internal Audit, Group Compliance Monitoring and External Auditors to provide relevant requested information and manage any resulting actions points identified by reviews undertaken.
· Assist the Segment Risk and Compliance Director with the provision of information and updates to be included within Board packs and/or discussion papers and support the function for segment or Group committees as required.
· Assist the function in ensuring the segment policies and procedures are reviewed and updated at least annually.
· Assisting the Segment Risk and Compliance Director in segment and Group regulatory change projects as and when required, including annual reviews of integrated regulatory change.
· High level of knowledge of working in a regulated Insurance environment.
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Initiative, proactive, enquiring approach, resourceful.
· Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change.
· Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills – individually and collaboratively.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to quickly learn and work with new processes and systems.
· Ability to train others on concepts, systems and processes.