Job Title: Compliance Officer (Reinsurance)
Salary: £55:000 - £65,000
Location: London EC1
As the Reinsurance Compliance Officer, you will assist the Compliance Manager in providing support to the reinsurance and capital solutions segment of of the business and the Risk and Compliance function in order to achieve its objectives, including:
· To assist in developing a strategic approach to risk and compliance across the reinsurance and capital solutions segment.
· To ensure that the function is effective in delivering appropriate advice, guidance and challenge to the business in ensuring risks and regulatory requirements are met.
· To be a trusted advisor to the business to help achieve good customer outcomes and positive regulatory relations.
· Working with the business to ensure that all regulatory, operational and conduct risks that impact the segment have been identified, assessed and have appropriate controls that are appropriately monitored.
· To provide effective and efficient risk and compliance support whilst facilitating a good working knowledge of regulatory risk requirements within the business, through clear communication and training.
· To ensure that there is on-going assurance of and adherence to relevant Group Policies and Business Standards.
· Support the Compliance Manager to deliver the functions key objectives.
· Provide the business support to understand and adopt regulatory change requirements, provide advice, guidance and challenge in the application of regulatory requirements.
· Oversee and control recording and monitoring of:
§ Conflicts of Interest
§ TCF and Conduct Risk
§ Gifts and Hospitality
§ Financial Promotions
§ Horizon Scanning
§ Errors & Omissions
§ Risk Events and Breaches
· Support the business in the review of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Service Level Agreements or other legal agreements.
· Support the Financial Crime lead on Sanctions referrals and ad hoc Sanctions queries.
· Take a lead role in supporting the business in reviewing and recording of Terms of Business Agreements.
· Manage and prepare regulatory submissions.
· Assist the Overseas Office lead to manage, prepare and monitor overseas licensing application and submissions.
· Support the segment Compliance Manager to ensure the firm has appropriate second line oversight of business practices/processes that are intended to ensure our operations are compliant at all levels.
· Support the function in liaising with Group Internal Audit, Group Compliance Monitoring and External Auditors to provide relevant requested information and manage any resulting actions points identified by reviews undertaken.
· Assist the Segment Risk and Compliance Director with the provision of information and updates to be included within Board packs and/or discussion papers and support the function for segment or Group committees as required.
· Assist the function in ensuring the segment policies and procedures are reviewed and updated at least annually.
· Assisting the Segment Risk and Compliance Director in segment and Group regulatory change projects as and when required, including annual reviews of integrated regulatory change.